Race for the Cure

In 2007 my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 62. Thankfully it was caught early and was able to be removed by a lumpectomy and she had radiation treatments. She did not have to endure any chemotherapy. She had an AWESOME surgeon, Dr. Carol Adams at Walker Baptist. She took really great care of Mom during her treatment and even afterwards when she has been back to her for appendicitis and for a few skin cancer removals.

In 2007 I started participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in honor of my Mom and all the other women that have battled this disease. This is the first year in 10 years that I am sitting out on race day. I wish I could say that I am “sleeping in” for the cure, but unfortunately that didn’t happen since I was up about 5:30 this morning. I am sitting it out because of my ankle. Back the first of the month I sprained my ankle, it is at about 99% but I don’t want to chance that last 1% of healing.

Best of luck to all that are racing for the cure this morning.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s